Friday, April 24, 2009

18 month old catches on quickly!!!

I am almost embarrased to admit this but today my wonderful Seth 18 months old locked me out of the house...... I didn't know he knew how.  We were looking out the window and he was putting his hand on it and I thought oh, I'll go outside and put my hand on the other side of the window.  He loves doing it with me on the back window.  Then I had another thought, oh I need to take the garbage out, so I'll grab the garbage, take the 20 steps to the carport drop it in and then play with him at the window.  I do it quickly so he won't lose interest in the window, but in the 10 seconds it took he's not at the window.  So I go to the door, and find it locked.  My son moved away from the window, and in less than 10 seconds reached up to the handle, pushed the button and locked me out !!!!  But he can't turn the handle to let me in.  

No problem, Ethan who's 4 is watching a movie downstairs.  I'll ring the doorbell he'll come running and open the door..... Nope, he's too engrossed in the movie to even wonder why the doorbell keeps ringing, and someone is pounding on the door.  I finally have to pound on the window really hard right above him many times before he even bothers to notice and eventually come upstairs and let me in...  

I didn't even know my son knew how to lock the door.....  guess he does now. I'm much more aware of his ability now !!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love when my kids figured stuff out before I knew that they did. Kaylee knew how to open the front door before I knew it and she headed out to the street first thing. Glad we don't live on too busy of a street. I love the pictures of your kids too on the post below!!!

    ReplyDelete